Tuesday 17 December 2019

I, Daniel Blake: blog task💕

1) What is independent cinema and how is it different to Hollywood blockbusters?Independent films have much smaller budgets, and are often supported financially by public service broadcasters, film institutions and charity funding. They are also distributed by smaller companies.

2) What is I, Daniel Blake about?
Daniel Blake is a 59-year-old widowed carpenter who must rely on welfare after a recent heart attack leaves him unable to work. Despite his doctor's diagnosis, British authorities deny Blake's benefits and tell him to return to his job. As Daniel navigates his way through an agonising appeal process, he begins to develop a strong bond with a destitute, single mother  who's struggling to take care of her two children.

3) Who directed I, Daniel Blake and why is this important?

Ken Loach. This is important because he used director power. Loach’s style is social realism – telling stories that represent the lives of ordinary working-class people and the social issues they face,

4) How was I, Daniel Blake promoted to an audience? List at least three different methods used by the film's marketing campaign.
Organise free screenings
‘I, Daniel Blake’ was projected onto the Houses of Parliament 
Film was premiered not in London, but Newcastle (where the film is set) to gain local support
5) What unusual or creative marketing methods were used to get audiences talking about the film?
I, Daniel Blake’ was projected onto the Houses of Parliament ('guerrilla marketing') and in various cities

6
) What was the estimated production budget for I, Daniel Blake and how much did it make at the box office?
 £300k from the BFI) and can estimate it to be around £2 million.

7) How can independent films like I, Daniel Blake compete with Hollywood blockbusters like Doctor Strange?
Independent films like I, Daniel Blake compete with Hollywood blockbusters like Doctor Strange by having different target audiences

.8) In your opinion, was I, Daniel Blake a success?
in my opinion , I think it was a huge success from the amount they made which was 5x more they were estimated with such a low budget with a total of £9M.

No comments:

Post a Comment